UPDATE: POSITION FILLED
So much more that we now need our very own customer compass to help us get it; someone to ensure we’re no longer just delivering great games but, instead, delivering the right games and then scaling them into sustainable services through rapid, measured iteration.
Can we make the leap from award-winning ne’er-do-wells to chart-topping-game sensations? We absolutely believe we can because we know how we can. More importantly, you know we can – because you have the quantifiable evidence to prove it.
How do you know? Because you are Denki’s Player Champion!
At Denki, we’re committed to delivering simple, compelling games which fulfil the player’s needs – as Player Champion you’ll:
- Be relentless in your quest to understand the player’s needs and how they wish them to be fulfilled.
- Know where to find players and how to capture their attention.
- Understand that real answers lie outside the building and you know how to find them.
- Work lean; balancing speed, focus and learning to maximise your output.
- Systematically test assumptions and succinctly communicate learning.
Your focus will be to run customer-focused experiments, reality checking our games against players and the marketplace then feeding the results directly back into development.
Skills To Pay The Bills
This is not a role for an ideas person – this is all about building, measuring and learning.
You’ll love conceiving, facilitating, executing, measuring and drawing actionable conclusions from field experiments. You’ll also be big on ownership, a linchpin, comfortable taking responsibility for everything the role entails – even if you can’t do it all yourself.
The role demands a generalist, not a specialist – someone with a mix of some or all of web design, web development, marketing, video editing and social media skills.
What’s Hot, What’s Not
- Your experience is irrelevant, your experiences are.
- Your location is irrelevant, your commitment is.
- Your qualifications are irrelevant, your talents are.
- Your technical finesse is irrelevant, your hacking skills are.
- Your Gamerscore is irrelevant , your fondness and appreciation for the medium is.
1. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “I’m Your Player Champion!”
2. Don’t bother with a CV, instead take the time to demonstrate why you are right for the role.
3. Write a sentence or two on why you want to work with us.
4. Write a sentence or two about something you have built or achieved and how it’s relevant to the role of Player Champion.
5. Write a sentence or two about how you’ve used validated learning in the past and how it’s relevant to the role of Player Champion.
6. Write a sentence or two about how much money you’ll need each year to dedicate yourself to being Denki’s Player Champion.
- Show us what you’ve built and what you’ve shipped.
- Use your blog, Twitter or Facebook page to reveal who you are.
- Briefly analyse a Denki product and outline how you would have used customer development techniques to address a shortcoming.
- Get some more ideas by reading up on Denki’s philosophy.
- Grab some inspiration from some of our favourite entrepreneurs: Seth Godin; 37 Signals; Steve Blank; Ash Maurya; Eric Ries; Andrew Chen; Gary Vaynerchuk; Dan Zarrella; David Ogilvy; Nick Bhardwaj; and Giff Constable
Inspired? You should be! We look forward to hearing from you.